Thursday, August 26, 2010

Sausage & Hasbrown Breakfast Casserole

So I started a new job about a little over a month ago and one of the things that my coworkers like to do is eat and do themed pot lucks - I love it! Our most recent one was breakfast and I wanted to make something that would be relatively easy and could also reheat well, I came up with the following casserole.

Ingredients:
1 pound pork sausage (not in casings)
1 small onion, finely chopped
6 mushrooms
salt & pepper to taste
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1/3 cup sour cream
10.5 oz can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup milk
1 pound frozen hash browns
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Over medium-high heat, saute the sausage; remove from heat and place in a bowl. Using the grease from the sausage, cook the onions and mushrooms. Saute until the onions are translucent; add this to the sausage when done.
  • In a mixing bowl, combine the sour cream, soup, milk and seasonings.
  • Prepare a baking dish by lightly greasing it (I use Pam for this). Pour the hash browns in the bottom of the dish. Add the meat mixture over the hash browns and pour the sauce over the meat.
  • Top with cheese and bake for 35-40 minutes.
This is delicious right out of the oven. I let it cool and took it to work and refrigerated it until we were ready to eat. I cut out servings and microwaved them for about a minute and it was still really good. This was very easy to make and it seemed to go over well at work too!

No comments: