Monday, May 17, 2010

Time To Get Out and Grill

This past weekend in the Seattle area has been beautiful! I managed to get out and enjoy some of our 70 degree weather - I watched my son's lacrosse games, hit some golf balls and fired up my grill. I love to cookout, be it burgers and dogs or something more fancy - I love cooking on the grill.

To welcome in the nice weather, I decided to cook up a flat iron steak and make a yummy and easy marinade for it. Here is the recipe for a great flat iron steak, you can also substitute in a flank steak too.

Ingredients:

2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/4 teaspoon rosemary
1 teaspoon parsley
1 teaspoon fresh spring onion
1/4 cup Cabernet Sauvignon
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup Dijon mustard

Bad photo of marinade

Add all ingredients together and mix well. Add marinade to 2lbs flat iron steak and marinate 2-3 hours. Allow grill to heat up (~5 minutes); discard marinade and cook steak on grill 7-10 minutes per side (depending how bloody you like your steak).

Remove from heat and let the steak sit for at least 5 minutes. Cut in to thin slices and enjoy!

1 comment:

Smirking Cat said...

There is NOTHING like a perfectly grilled steak! Oh, I am really hungry for steak now...at 9:30 in the morning! :)