Sometimes, though, trying an unusual food combination can be exciting. Pairing foods that don't seem to work together on paper can yield tasty results. These "odd couples" may not have universal appeal, but to the fan, there's nothing better.
Here are some other odd combos that I like:
- Peanut butter and bacon. I remember eating PB&B on fluffy white bread as a kid--well before the current (though probably dying out) bacon fad. I still look forward to the combination of crispy, salty bacon with creamy peanut butter.
- Pizza crust dipped in coke. I know this sounds gross--or like something a little kid would eat--but dipping the crust of my pizza into a fizzy, sugary coke is super yummy!
- Pretzels and grapes. This one is a perfect combo of sweet and salty: take a chilled grape, plop it on top of a small pretzel, and viola! A yummy snack!
- Mustard and onion rings. I like the vinegar-y tang the mustard gives to the greasy, salty and slightly sweet o-rings!
- French fries dipped in chocolate milkshakes. This is something my husband likes. Again, a good mixture of salt and sweet.
- Ice Cream and popcorn. Also a fave of the Mister. Here's a throwback: Donna (Tori Spelling's character) ate this on Beverly Hills, 90210 way back when.
- Cream cheese and hot dogs. This is a "thing" in Seattle. I don't find it very appealing, but I've never tried it, so I guess I can't judge.