Here is the recipe for Chocolate Chip Muffins:
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 stick butter (1/2 cup), melted
1 cup sugar
buttermilk (or regular milk)
1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Mix together all the dry ingredients; set aside.
- In a large bowl (I cheat and use a Kitchen Aid mixer), mix together the 'wet' ingredients.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients to the 'wet' ingredients until just mixed (Note: I have made these in a hurry and over-mixed them in my mixer - they turned out fine).
- Grease muffin tins (12) and fill the tins with your mixture. For larger muffins, fill all 12 so they are very full. If you like smaller muffins, you can fill the tins about 3/4 full and get around 16 muffins. If you do this, watch your bake time!
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F; cook for 5 minutes.
- Decrease heat to 375 degrees F and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from muffin pans and allow to cool. If you aren't going to eat them right away, make sure that they are fully cooled before storing them.
These are delicious as-is, but I'd also love to add 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts to the mix! Enjoy for breakfast, as a dessert, or just a snack!!