Sunday's menu was baked chicken breasts, macaroni and cheese, green beans with toasted almonds, Pilsbury crescent rolls and finished off with homemade cherry pie - one of my favorite meals. My Mom started cooking after breakfasts and put together a mouthwatering treat for me!
Here are Mom's recipes:
2/3 cup dried breadcrumbs
1 1/2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
4 skinned and boned chicken breasts
1/4 cup melted butter or margarine
- Combine breadcrumbs, cheese, garlic salt and pepper.
- Dip chicken in butter; then dredge in breadcrumb mixture.
- Place in a lightly greased oven proof baking dish; sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until done.
1 8 oz package elbow macaroni
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
1/4 cup margarine
1/4 cup unsifted flour
2 cups milk
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook macaroni as package label directs; drain.
- In 1 1/2 quart baking dish, alternate macaroni (in 2 layers) with 1 1/2 cup cheese.
- Meanwhile, prepare sauce: melt margarine in medium saucepan; remove from heat. Blend flour; gradually stir in milk, then seasonings. Bring to boiling, stirring; boil 1 minute.
- Pour sauce over macaroni + cheese in casserole. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and browned.
1 1/3 cup sifted flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup Crisco
2 to 3 tablespoons water
2 cups sifted flour
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup Crisco
3 to 4 tablespoons water
Combine flour and salt. Cut in Crisco until mixture is uniform. Sprinkle with water, a tablespoon at a time; toss lightly with fork. When all water has been added, work dough into firm ball.
To bake without filling: Preheat oven to 425 degrees. prick bottom + sides with fork. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
To bake with filling: Preheat oven to temperature stated in recipe. Do not prick with fork. Bake according to recipe directions.