- Chocolate Croissants: OMG. These things are addictive! They're in the freezer section, and you need to let the dough proof overnight. It's amazing how big they get as you let them sit at room temperature. When they come out of the box, they're flat, tiny things. By the morning, they're fully risen and just beautiful. They cook up in 20 minutes, and they're flaky, chocolaty perfection for breakfast. Perfect for a lazy Sunday morning!
- Almond Biscotti. I don't usually care a whole lot about sweets...I'm much more of a salty-crunchy girl. But these things? So good! They're crunchy biscotti with a nice almond kick...they pair up nicely with black coffee.
- Pumpkin Bread/Muffin Mix: TJ's has this mix only in the fall, but it's worth picking up. You just add some eggs, oil and water, stir, and VIOLA! Spicy, moist muffins or pumpkin bread that's good enough to whip up and give as a quick gift.
- Mini Baguettes: These are also in the frozen section and it's just a bag of small, frozen baguettes. One little bread is enough for one person and they heat up super fast (better yet: no need to let them thaw--they go right from freezer to oven). Because my hubby and I never get to eat together, frozen, single-serving items like this are ideal. Plus they taste good!
- Butternut Squash: TJ's has pretty good (and inexpensive) produce. I always seem to pick up a bag of cut up butternut squash. You can just nuke it and then serve it up. I like my squash mashed up with a tiny bit of butter and salt and pepper. Yum!
- New things at TJs: On my latest trip, I picked up two new, intriguing items from the frozen section: Coq au Vin and Mushroom Ravioli with Braised Beef. I'll let you know how they taste!
Tuesday, November 9, 2010
More Trader Joe's Faves
earlier this year, but here are a few more goodies that are MUSTS when visiting the best grocery store in the world: